From March 2020 to October 2020, mental health–related emergency department visits increased 24% for children ages 5 to 11 and 31% for those ages 12 to 17 compared with 2019 emergency department visits, according to CDC data (Leeb, R. T., et al., Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, Vol. 69, No. 45, 2020).
There were few opportunities to interact with peers in person. In addition, students were also contending with the pandemic’s frightening impacts on their family’s health and welfare, such as illness, the death of a relative or neighbor, and economic hardship.
Our children need the tools and resources to heal.
Express Yourself with Coach Dana W is a 90 minute interactive program creating opportunities and experiences through social-emotional learning, story-telling, and student engagement.
- Helps students explore their emotions.
- Supports children’s social, mental, and emotional health.
- Encourages children to appropriately express their emotions.
- Teaches self-regulation skills.
- Improve academic success.
- Reduces behavior problems at home, school, and in the community.
Calming box (flashcards, calming tools, and books) available upon request.
Send inquires to support@danawatsoncoaching to get Express Yourself in your Early Learning Center or School!